Tuesday, November 20, 2007

2007-11-20

In a previous post, I mentioned that we need to have goals. I'm going to use Federicos goal of having the App Browser appear <1 second :-) Mission impossible? We will see...

We have numbers now, so it's time to take a closer look at the code. I mentioned that I've cheated and actually done some of this before. Well, I came as far as removing the creation of the context menu for each application. The menu that is added looks like this;



It'd be better to create it if/when a user actually right clicks on the application.

So after removing the code that creates the menu, we end up with the following stats;



Since this optimization business is not as simple as removing code that speed things up, we now need to come up with code to add this menu "on demand".

No comments: